Fides quaerens intellectum

Irish Polytheism from my point of view.

Friday, January 21, 2011

My WEBS Experience

I hung out with my local WEBS group from the local Unitarian Universalist church this past Saturday.  It was a fantastic experience.  The group name stands for Whole Earth-Based Spirituality and is an inclusive group for anyone wanting to explore.

The members of the group are fantastic.  Everyone comes from a variety of different backgrounds and everyone represents different niches in society, as well as different age ranges.  As far as I know, I was the only one representing the LGBT community, but I'm not offended by that.

The meeting was focused on tarot and learning how to create a tarot spread that was more individualistic and able to meet our own needs.  We looked at a few spreads and what they offered and were given an opportunity to create one.  I didn't like mine.  Maybe it was the fact that I am new to tarot and still learning the meaning of my cards, but it didn't seem to click with me.  I think it definitely needs some tweaking, but it could be something I utilize in the future.

After the tarot we met in a circle at the center of the room and did a chant with the word "tarot," raising energy until we all felt powerful and connected.  At that point we released the energy into the universe and then grounded and centered.  It was a fantastic first experience with other Pagans!  I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

I do see what I have been missing being a solitary practitioner all this time.  While I do like my personal spirituality and connection with deity, I am also intrigued by the possibility of expanding it further.  If you're a solitary and are looking for a group, check with your local Unitarian Universalist church.  May of them have a similar program (CUUPS is the most common meaning Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans).  Witchvox is also a great place to check out for local connections.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment